4.13.2007

I'm bored, so I'm gonna tell you a joke

There was these two little boys, and they asked their mom if they could go out and pick walnuts off the walnut tree. She said yes, nut under the condition that they were home before the sun set. So, they went out and picked and picked and picked...and they lost track of time. The younger brother looked up and saw that they sun was just about to set. Panicked he went to his older brother who told him, "Don't worry, we'll cross the highway and cut through the graveyard, and be home in time for supper."

So, the younger brother picked up all the nuts and they cut across the highway and jumped the graveyard wall, where the little boy dropped all the nuts, two of which rolled onto the other side of the wall. He got on his hands and knees and started counting, "One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me..."

Now, a drunk comes walking by and he here's the little boy counting "One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me..." And he runs back to the bar as fast as a drunk can run, he finds his pal and says "I heard the lord and the devil dividin' up souls!" His friend looks at him and says, "Oh, yeah! Prove it!"

So they walk down to the graveyard wall, put their ears up against it, and the little boy is still counting, "One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me..." Then he stops, and it gets really quiet.

Finally he says to his brother, "Now let's go get the two nuts on the other side of the wall."

No comments: