3.17.2007

Jean-Jacques Rousseau


Now, here's what Rousseau believed:that people are basically good, but that they're corrupted by society. I like that, quick and to the point. But I don't necessarily agree with him. This is what I think.

People are 'bad' to a certain point, the point where we all sin. But we're not as bad as Hobbes made us out to be, just sinful, we're born sinful. Then society steps in, and depending on which 'society' you're a part of depends on how 'good' or 'bad' you'll be. That's what I think.

Please, feel free to debate with me, I won't mind. ;)

2 comments:

viZ said...

you know, isn't pie really like liquid cake...?

Lynn said...

No, it's not, otherwise why would I be debating which is better...? What does this have to do with Hobbes' and Rousseau's philosophies?