3.23.2007

European or African Swallow

Last week a couple of masterminds came up with the idea to kidnap Baby Sasquatch and ransom him. Now, let me back up and explain who, or more accurately, what baby Sasquatch is and why he is so significant.

Baby Sasquatch is a five pound flour sack covered in nylons that are stuffed with cotton in order to represent head, arms, and legs; Baby Sasquatch is supposed to represent a baby. This was a middle school project, take care of their own five pound sack of flour dressed up like a baby. Baby Sasquatch was my history teacher's baby flour sack.

So, here's what happened. A couple of people kidnapped Baby Sasquatch and asked me to write the ransom note. So, long story short. The kidnapping was successful...for a day. Then, I got sick and the whole scheme fell to bits; and I guess that I was ratted out, or figured out. So, our punishment was to carry around our own five pound baby for the remainder of the week (as of Tuesday).

Here's my point. Carrying around a five pound sack of sugar reminded me of when I was about two and I had a pet coconut. I loved that coconut, it was the best pet I ever had. Then my stepfather, at the time, took it out back and smashed it with a hammer, I was heartbroken; and, to be honest, I can't believe that I still remember it, I guess it was sort of traumatizing.

So, yeah, there's my little walk down memory lane. Hope you enjoyed it.

By the way, if you don't get the title then we need to chat.

No comments: